Kalimba Duet Class
Venue: Hogo Studio (Flat 9B, Chun Hoi Commercial Building, 56 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong)
Time needed: 1 lesson (110 minutes)
Language: Cantonese, with handout in English
No. of participants: 4 ~ 8 small group classes
- Anyone who wants to share the joy of playing kalimba with another. Aged 14 or above.
- Got basic knowledge in music theories (understand what scales, keys and chords mean). For participants without music theory knowledge, take "17-key Kalimba Beginners Class" as prerequisite is suggested.
- Signups of a group of two are perfect. Signup alone is also welcomed. Teacher will help to pair up in the class.
July 21st , 2018 (Saturday) 5:00 ~ 6:50pm
1. Understand the elements in a duet: melody, harmonic notes, accompaniment, percussion.
2. Pair up different elements. Go from the easy to the complicated.
3. Learn "Happy Birthday Song", "A Lover's Concerto" and "Cups".
4. Teacher will lead and guide each group.
Fee (Includes a 17-key Mahogany wood kalimba, with a black flannel bag, a tuning hammer and stickers, costing HK$ 430. Handouts and musical scores are also included.)
(Upgrade to 17-key Koa wood kalimba with HK $40 when signing up the class)
(or upgrade to Deer/ Maple leaf shaped hole 17-key Koa wood kalimba with HK $80)
Original price: HK$ 750/ person
**Bring your own kalimba fee (Handouts and musical scores will be given to you)
Original price: HK$ 450/ person
* P.S.1: The post must be shared in public. Please read Instruction on Facebook Like and Share.
** P.S.2: Make sure the kalimba you bring along is a 17-key one, with major scale starting from root as the lowest note.
How to register:
1. Fill in this signup form
2. We will reply in email within 24 hours. Please deposit to our bank account within 2 days, or pay by PayMe app. (Reservation will be cancelled if payment is not made within 2 days. You will need to sing up again)