Entry Requirements: Applicants should have completed the beginners' class.
Or you may enrol this class directly if you have mastered the skills in playing 17-key diatonic kalimba, and understood the basic music theory.
- Learn advanced music theory, like the application of chromatic chords and seventh chords.
- Become familiar with your own chromatic kalimba by practising the chromatic scale.
- Start to play songs involving a little bit of chromatic notes, but still in the key of C major or A minor (i.e. The position of "Do" remains unchanged for every song).
- Dynamics exercise. Try to play notes by different strengths to bring out the melody.
- Students can learn at least one song per lesson, including, but not limited to, "Gymnopédie No. 1", "Für Elise" and "Prelude in C".