Entry Requirements: No specific requirement. Suitable for everyone with no experience on playing kalimba, or people who want to learn deeper after buying the instrument.
- Starting from basic music theories, e.g. scales and chords structure. Helping students aim for playing the songs they like, with appropriate accompaniments.
- Introducing different ways to read music: standard notation (staff), numbered musical notation and kalimba tablature (KTab).
- Introducing common techniques to embellish the melodies
- Students can learn at least one song per lesson, including, but not limited to, "Ode to Joy", "Canon in D" and "Happy Birthday".
- This course only involves the diatonic part of a kalimba. If you would like to learn about chromatic kalimba, you need to enrol the intermediate class.