17-key Kalimba Beginners Class
Venue: Hogo Studio (Flat 9B, Chun Hoi Commercial Building, 688 Shanghai Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong)
Time needed: 4 lessons, 110 minutes each
Language: Cantonese, with handout in English
No. of participants: Up to 10 people
Suitable for: Anyone who has never played a kalimba before, or looks for guidance after purchasing a kalimba. Aged 14 or above.
- All materials and sheet music are designed for this course exclusively. We do not steel scores from guitar or piano books.
- Teach from basic music theories, which involves chord structures. Students will be able to play their favourite melodies after this course, with accompaniment.
- Emphasise rhythms. There are interactive sessions to practice different rhythmic patterns together.
- Small class teaching. Teacher got sufficient time to take care of every student.
June 2019 (Saturdays)
Date：1/6, 15/6, 22/6, 29/6 (No class on 8/6)
Time：3:00 ~ 4:50pm 【Full】
OR 5:00 ~ 6:50pm
(P.S.: Our classes only held once every several months. Application closes immediately when the classes are full.)
1. Introduce different kalimbas around the world.
2. Basic music theory, including definitions of scale, tonality and chord.
3. How to read numbered musical notation and KTabS.
4. Common embellishing techniques on melodies.
5. Play from simple melodies, then adding harmonic notes and ornaments.
6. Learn at least one song in each lesson, including "Amazing Grace", "Canon in D" and "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" .
Fee: HK$ 1200/ 4 lessons (all handouts and sheet music included)
* 10% off discount for signing up of a group of two.
Applications are entertained on a first-come-first serve basis.
(+HK$ 320 to buy a 17-key kalimba, with a black flannel bag, a tuning hammer and stickers)
(Upgrade to other kalimbas with HK$ 40 or more when signing up the class)
(Purchase a kalimba protection bag/ hard case with extra HK$ 70 up)
P.S.: If you bring your own kalimba, make sure it is a 17-key one, with C major scale starting from tonic as the lowest note.
How to register:
1. Fill in this signup form.
2. We will reply in email within 24 hours. Please deposit to our bank account within 2 days, or pay by PayMe app. (Reservation will be cancelled if payment is not made within 2 days. You will need to sign up again)